Experimental GRAV Update Pre5 - 9.0 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Kane Hart, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

NOTICE:
    • Combat logging is no more. If you combat log (e.g. close the app) you will leave a backpack. You must now 'camp out' This can be done by typing 'quit' as before or by using the Esc Menu's Quit Menu Option

IMPROVEMENT:
    • Moon Stargates are now active.
    • New Continents have been found. For new Universes starting up you have a chance of starting on a never before seen Continent. For those already existing Universes, the existence of Planet Stargates have been whispered about in the various trade circles.
    • SHOUTOUT: Thanks to Maxunit! We now have a German Translation of GRAV! If anyone else wants to translate to your language of choice. Go for it! We will gladly put it into the game!
    • New Resource Type: Plasma Found on moons!
    • New Elemental Type: Moonlight Found on moons!
    • New Stim: The Damage Stim blueprint will now drop in the world.
    • Foes will no longer do their range attacks when they are close.
    • Some Admin commands are now broadcast to the server.
    • More Server CPU Optimizations
    • Elemental Melee Weapons now look much cooler. Particle Effects and a Light!
    • New Melee Weapon: The Plasma Sword!
    • HUD Tweaks to make FoF members easier to see.
    • The MultiTool will auto lower itself when not firing. No more running around looking like a goof.
    • Doors now automatically deactivate when a friendly player walks into them and then turn on again shortly thereafter
    • Harvesters with something in them now have a 'something in them' material.
    • Broke the Weapon Category down into each of the weapon types on the UI. No more mega list of weapons to scroll through!
    • Base items now show what level they are on the item itself
    • Campfire Fire Radius will now increase as you upgrade the Campfire
    • Storage Bin: shift button works for taking/putting. (was in Patch 8 but not called out)
    • SHOUTOUT: jimbobslimbob for having a bad ass 4k monitor and bug reporting small text size. HUD text should scale with monitor res now

BALANCE:
    • Combat logging is no more. If you combat log (e.g. close the app) you will leave a backpack. You must now 'camp out' This can be done by typing 'quit' as before or by using the Esc Menu's Quit Menu Option
    • Shotgun had some left over built in damage increases from a day long past. These have been removed.
    • Weapon Damage Balance. Shotguns were OP. Pistols and Assault Rifles Sucked. Melee was pretty good. So what we did was: Keep Melee the same. Reduce Shotgun damage. Raise Assault Rifle Damage A LOT. Raise Pistol Damage A LOT. We want people using ALL of the weapons and not just the Shotgun.
    • Armor/Weapon Creation Costs. Higher tier Armor and Weapons have had their costs dramatically reduced. We don't want people rage quitting over losing items. We don't want people spending 10s of hours harvesting items for a single item. Good items should take _some_ time that is what makes them good.
    • Jetpack and Monocycle build costs have been reduced
    • BALANCE PVP: Vehicles can no longer be insta-assembled. They will stop you and wait a moment while playing a 'start vehicle' animation.
    • Locator Costs reduced.
    • Fixed All of the Elemental Types not having a Super Effective
    • Elemental Types when being attacked by something they are Super Effective against are not hurt that much
    • Cave Entrances now have a larger area where you cannot build in. This is to stop the instant kill on zone in of caves that have death traps built directly on the Entrance area.
    • Prevent players from building buildings on top of pawns and backpacks
    • NightKillers and TechHunters now have a chance drop additional ammo (DayKillers sneakily already did)
    • Monsters' Range Attacks no longer do massive damage to room.

BUGFIX:
    • Powered Items should have the correct visual status on clients now.
    • Fix the case we know of that makes some people not be able to purchase pets.
    • Fixed cases where the server and client would disagree on where it is ok to build
    • Always adding a PetDuration PlayerSkill each login.
    • MultiTool Truncaction issues fixed. You should no longer just see 1's on the higher level MultiTools.

PATCHDANCE:
    • A New Dance Added

ZwyklyCham and Rush570 like this.
  2. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

Changes from Pre4 to Pre5:
    • New Stim: The Damage Stim blueprint will now drop in the world.
    • Monsters' Range Attacks no longer do massive damage to room.

3. Afetogbo

Afetogbo Member

OMG just release it already =)

4. Palindromes

Palindromes New Member

I'm excited, my server keeps crashing so I think the patch is coming out haha

5. [Hozy] Cossack1977

will higher lvl areas open up on the normal world with this patch as I guess moon wont have trees and there is not one area on my island that you can get lightening striked bark.

6. Afetogbo

Afetogbo Member

the moon is going to be the higher level areas. I am thinking also the third island will have higher level stuff as well. for the new servers

7. Afetogbo

Afetogbo Member

bitmonster_matt [developer] 1 hour ago
    Status of Patch 9
    Just wanted to update everyone wondering what is taking so long on Patch 9.

We've been making and testing release candidates for a couple days and so far they have all had various issues we weren't comfortable releasing with. The current release candidate is on the experimental servers and if we don't see any show stoppers over night we will be releasing the patch tomorrow. If we do find show stoppers we will make another build and begin testing that one anew.

Many many changes went into this patch including some fairly major ones so we're very keen on making sure things go smoothly with the rollout.

Thanks for your patience! We think it will be worth the wait :)

Kane Hart, Palindromes and ZwyklyCham like this.
  8. Palindromes

Palindromes New Member

Just out of curiosity that quote of yours did that happen yesterday or this morning? I'd love to see the patch come out today :)

9. Royal Bouch Dag

it was yesterday.. so hopefully it will come out today

10. punk

punk New Member

I'm thinking that with the introduction of new resources, a lot of the 29-36 resources drops may become unnecessary. I have a BP for an artifact sword, will probably jump straight to plasma from Gem, as I see no reason to create artifact. Just as currently, the mob damage and learning animations can get you from rotted wood gear with a wood sword to the big boy island for your gem set without spending resources on building other armor.

11. punk

punk New Member

Questions for those who have/are playing this on experimental:

Can you explain the new dropped backpack on closing game, does it do it with ~ exit? Does it do it upon crash? Does your locator now have persistent last death through loggings?

Does the 'build' vehicle stop you from firing? Is it now impossible to speedfarm with mono+ and multitool by holding down your mouse?

Do you think that those of us that have already defeated multiple 30+ guardians (random spawns on our server) and had giant blue unnamed loot filter into us will have that loot available to us when the patch hits?

12. Afetogbo

Afetogbo Member

I want to know where to find collapsed star cores

13. Alfredo

Alfredo New Member

I killed one guardian on moon and it gave me a collapsed star core.

14. [Hozy] Cossack1977

But how did you get the collapsed star core to make the stargate to get to the moon in the first place?
    Also how did you get the Artefacts to make the stargate?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  15. [Hozy] Cossack1977

Good to hear cant wait for this patch, Ive been basically jumping on the server the last 5 days just to farm wood to top up generator there is nothing else to do as our island hasn't got any high lvl spawn zones.

16. [Hozy] Cossack1977

Are Element X nodes and harvesters being fixed this patch ???

Currently 9/10 Element X nodes only give 100 element X even though a level 1 harvester can hold 600 element X.
    Harvesters also don't auto restart if another node spawns underneath or directly next to it which they should.
    Will I way to track your harvester be implemented or do we need to keep writing down the locations?
    Harvester speed also needs to increase. I placed 24 harvesters but had to log off before they were finished. logged back on 2hrs latter and everyone had been destroyed, waste of time and resources.
    What's the point in upgrading harvesters? they don't harvest faster or more. If there is no point remove the option.

17. punk

punk New Member

Are you playing on an official BitMonster server or someone elses? Since patch 7 all of our harvesters on an official server have started redrilling as normal. I regularly run up to find harvesters that have 600 in them after not having been checked for a few days. The nodes move around, while the radius of the drill isnt actually that big (you can get 3 people drilling out of the same node :mad:), so as you see new nodes popping up, throw more harvesters down. When you start having farms of harvesters available (that aren't being killed by mobs or other players), they're pretty easy to see, especially if you get in to a 'route' to check them.

Here's a screenshot of a very small section of our big boy island where various FoFs have harvesters strewn about, electing to keep them up and drilling since they work now, and multiplying your resources doesn't to make them 'free'
    [​IMG]

Check to see what server you're playing on and that it's on the latest release patch, else notify the devs or be more patient... or in the event its other players.. hunt them :3

In Patch 8 there is apparently a new mesh that shows yellow on a harvester if it has something in it, which is a godsend, though a few days ago someone responded to me on reddit saying that it wasn't working all the time, hopefully this is something they've fixed through further experimental pushes.

Realm restarts sometimes destroy recently placed harvesters/buildables. They sometimes also ressurect recently destroyed harvesters and other buildables. This most often occurs if you're placing harvesters in dungeons(caves) and the server restarts and all of yours are destroyed when it regenerates the dungeon.

Edit to add:

Just got on to prove harvesters continue to drill past 100/redrill nodes, the harvester you see to the left of the one thats currently active was holding the 0ther 88 as these two drilled together when the node reappeared

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  18. [Hozy] Cossack1977

Yes official server: Bitmonster Official Alpha Server - Aus universe 01 and I can tell you with 110% certainty that they do no respawn as I have a node directly in front of base which respawn's in same place 100% of the time and harvester never starts back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.