Release GRAV Update 10.2 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Kane Hart, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

Please note this update is only out for testing but most likely will be released soon.

NOTICE:
    • All Backpacks will DECAY after 48 hours. You have 48 hours to reclaim a dropped backpack. There are many bags just sitting around stopping people from building. If in 48 hours you were unable to reclaim your bag it will decay and the contents will be lost.

BUGFIX:
    • The scientists involved in the Stargate Quantum Calibrations have been summarily drawn and quartered in the most barbaric and medieval way we were able to find. Their lax physics and mathematical calculations placed the entire Multi-Verse at risk. Stargates have had their firmware flashed and modified with the new scientsists' quantum tunneling solution. They have reassured us that Stargates should properly save your character data on your HomePlanet. For their sakes, let us hope they are correct...

SHOUTOUT:
    • So many names to list here for giving us REALLY fantastic posts with how Stargates are not working correctly. Thank you so very much. GRAV's players are best on Steam!!
    • Raleigh Snow Storm 2015 that shut the city down showing us how terrible our office network connection is.

Royal Bouch Dag likes this.
  2. Deedrix

Deedrix New Member

Praise be

Rush570 likes this.
  3. saqwarrior

saqwarrior New Member

Still no stargate fix for people running servers on a LAN IP behind a NAT?

4. elcid

elcid New Member

I can confirm that my char data was transported from the moon to the homeplanet correctly. Thats a good one.

saqwarrior, if you want, I can try to connect to your server and try going to the moon. I think the issue you refer to was, that nobody from outside your own network could go to exoplpanets. So we could try this.

5. saqwarrior

saqwarrior New Member

Good to hear that character data is getting transferred now!

Correct, my problem was with external users accessing both the moon and the exoplanets. I've got a few people that can help me test that (I'll probably get around to it tonight), but I appreciate your offer to help!

6. stanash

stanash New Member

saq, I'll try to get on tonight. I've stood up a server behind my router/NAT, and SEEM to be able to connect to my serve via public IP. Would love you to test my server to see if it works. If it does, I'd be more than happy to share my settings.

7. Kuroodo Ditory

Kuroodo Ditory New Member

Will this also be fixing dungeons displaying 0-0? Or will that be saved for patch 11.

Also can anyone confirm if nexo shields are working the way they should be? Cause my shield was set to FoF only, but matt (a dev) was able to go through it no problem. Could it be due to how he was a dev?

8. Royal Bouch Dag

Anyone can walk thru a nexus shield. it prevent ppl from shooting thru it from the outside.

9. Royal Bouch Dag

What id like to know is... are they going to change teleporters to be FoF.. or could we make doors invulnerable inside of nexus shields? All my stuff keeps getting destroyed on the CEN PVP Mid planet.. over and over. tons of laser fences, nexus inside locked doors, turrrets.. u name it. Nothing is stopping ppl. I know im on a PvP server.. but that isnt PvP. ppl waiting till the server is empty then trashing everything build on the planet. There is nothing player vs player about that. We even crossed 15+ upgraded laser fences over the teleporter, clipping thru it.. then placed farms all around the teleporter so ppl would be stuck in the lasers.. all of this was inside a building with 0 doors and under a nexus shield... and STILL my base got destroyed for a 3rd time. And all they would have to do to fix this.. is make force field doors invulnerable, or teleporters FoF only.

10. Kuroodo Ditory

Kuroodo Ditory New Member

Really? I just read the patch notes and I'm confused. I swear that when I read in the patch notes some time ago (read multiple times as well), I read that they block players from entering as well.

11. Royal Bouch Dag

12. saqwarrior

saqwarrior New Member

Awesome, I'll be online around 9PM PST, don't know if that works for you.

btw, you can confirm that your Moon process has successfully bound to a port and IP by running this from the command line:

If you run that and copy/paste the output into a forum post, I can tell you if the process is behaving the same as it was under 10.0 and 10.1.

EDIT: If you're binding your Moon instance to something other than the default port you'll need to enter that in place of "7500" above.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  13. stanash

stanash New Member

I can work that time... about midnight here, then. Friend request on steam sent.

EDIT: Be prepared... in fooling around with things, I have 4 islands, plus the gates, so the client will be memory intensive. :p

14. Stonehenge

Stonehenge New Member

Hold up thats my backyard...... Raleigh Ice storm more like it.

15. [Hozy] Cossack1977

Mat said the exo-planets were fixed in 10.1 but require a server re-roll. I've asked when that will be but no reply.
    Nexus shields don't stop people walking through them, they stop bullets going through them and certain mobs but not people.

16. [Hozy] Cossack1977

Walls only take 10-15 shotgun shots so even if the door was invincible the wall is still easy.

17. saqwarrior

saqwarrior New Member

I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight, but I do have good/bad news for you: in all likelihood your stargates only work for you, BUT we finally got the problem acknowledged and it's being worked on!

18. stanash

stanash New Member

listen to all??? That's not a freaking fix!

19. saqwarrior

saqwarrior New Member

I doubt that will be what they end up doing.

Well... I hope so, anyway. ;)

20. stanash

stanash New Member

Doing some traffic sniffing now with a friend... hoping to find something missed.