Elemental damage rework idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sunny_DeCuir, Feb 3, 2015.

?

Would you like to see a reworking of the elemental based damage system?

1. Yes.

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sunny_DeCuir

Sunny_DeCuir New Member

So I had a thought the other day, and talked about it with some of the people on the server I play with, and they all seemed to be receptive to it. So I figured I'd just post it on the forums as well. So the idea is that elemental weapons no longer do bonus damage to a creature that is weak to that element. All elemental weapons will do normal damage. However instead elemental weapons will have status effects. For instance fire weapons apply a DoT (damage over time) burn. Lightning weapons could have a chance to stun the enemy. Ice weapons could debuff movement speed. Poison could be another DoT, or possibly even an armor debuff. With this setup, you could either do away with the elemental armor, or rework it to offer resistance against the status effects. I myself lean more towards getting rid of elemental armors as I don't think I should have to carry around 5 different sets of armor, or even weapons for that matter. But those are just my thoughts. You may like the current system, you may not. You may like this better. You may have better ideas. So post your own thoughts. :D

jimbobslimbob likes this.
  2. jimbobslimbob

jimbobslimbob Member

I really like this idea - it would actually make the elemental weapons more viable. I have tended to stick with normal weapons since I never have enough materials to do at least 2 different elemental variations of them. This way, they actually have a decent use and are viable no matter the situation. You should post this on the Steam forums for the devs to see.

3. Sunny_DeCuir

Sunny_DeCuir New Member

Yeah, I tend to not make the elemental weapons. I stick with the normal ones. And I've not had any problems doing so.

4. Sunny_DeCuir

Sunny_DeCuir New Member

I also had an after thought about DoT's being able to prevent players from using stealth stims on pvp servers. But in all honesty, damage in general should prevent someone from stealthing.